Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Armor of God!

I've been working on teaching the boys about the Armor of God in the Bible. They get a little side tracked with the concept of suiting up in armor... you know, letting their little imaginations run wild with thoughts of swords and battles and whatnot. But I remembered a song that my Mom used to sing way back when to help them. I had to explain what some words meant, but it helps them. Basically is uses the imigary of asuit of armor to help them remember. Here are the words:

I've got my feet shod
With the preparation of Peace
Got my Sword of the Spirit
My shield of Faith
Got my breastplate of Righteousness
My helmet of Salvation
I put on my armor
And I'm ready for the battle!

I think it's fun to be able to pass on to my kids the songs and lessons I remember being taught as a child!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 20, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

I love that song! We used to sing it in camp, and I've been looking for the music so I can sing it with our kids ministry. Any ideas?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Get Paid Money to Blog