Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Future Plans

When Hank and I were first married, we had the essential insurances, but we did not have life insurance. Once we started our family, our focus and priority quickly shifted to making sure that our kids would be taken care of no matter if we were there to take care of them or not.

So I went to a local insurance agent and educated myself on life insurance. At first, I wanted to get Hank and I both whole life policies... because at the end of a 10, 20, or 30 year term, you receive a pay-out no matter what. So, essentially, it would be a sort of savings account.

But we wanted to increase the amount of coverage after our second child came, and we couldn't afford whole life rates. By this time we had a new agent who was right around our age and in our stage of life as well. He told us that a 30- year term life insurance policy was a smart move.

I have whole life policies on all my children, because it's cheap to start them with one. And I have a term life on me and Hank. Recently I was able to convert my policy to a whole life, and we hope to do the same to Hank's when money allows.

For now, we feel comfortable that our children would be well looked after if we weren't here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Get Paid Money to Blog