Saturday, December 27, 2008

Love, True Love

My own personal history lacks a lot of the sweeping romantic gestures that make up a lot of our social background. I didn't get the grand declaration of love... instead I got a man who was struggling to trust himself enough to love me. I didn't get a typical down-on-your-knee proposal either. Instead, I gave him a positive pregnancy test. We didn't get to shop for engagement rings or plan elaborate weddings. Once we decided to take the plunge, we set off on a whirlwind of wedding planning that culminated two months later in a small, intimate, and heart felt start to our life and our family.

Sometimes I catch the looks that other women cast my way when they talk about hot air balloon rides that led to proposals... and candle lit dinners on a gazebo that sits in the middle of a lake... or even a proposal made publically in front of a church congregation. I see them, but I just smile. My life and the way it has unfolded is all right with me. I love it. I love my husband and the family that we have created together. A true partnership and trust. Nothing holds a candle to that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Get Paid Money to Blog