Monday, December 31, 2007

Can I be honest, here?

I worked for two years as a health producer at the local ABC affiliate. I wrote stories, conducted interviews with doctors and patients, and gathered research on fibromyalgia and was never fully convinced of its validity as a medical condition. I had convinced myself that the medical field had come up with another way to over-prescribe and over-treat us, the patient, as a whole. I used to think that the United States was the most hypocondriatic nation!!

It wasn't until my mother was diagnosed that I had to take another look at the signs and symptoms. Not only do I believe that fibromyalgia is valid now, but her diagnosis helps me to understand why she constantly never feels right, or rested. I guess that when your young, and I was fresh out of college, it's easy to make snap decisions about things you really know nothing about!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Get Paid Money to Blog