Saturday, November 17, 2007

Memory Lane

I took Hank on a local road trip not long ago to show him where I grew up. I don't know if everyone knows this, but I grew up on a farm. I had my own pony and everything! His name was Wild Turkey. I even showed him in several horse shows and remember vividly winning the blue ribbon! I loved the pomp and circumstance that surrounded the horse show. Everyone was in there finest horse riding apparel. You could show English or Western. I always showed Western and wore the big hats, belts, and shiny boots. But I loved the English style, with the compact hat, close fitting and elegent outfits and streamlined boots.

If I could pick up one hobby from my youth, riding horses would definitely be it! It's just a really expensive hobby!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Get Paid Money to Blog