Saturday, November 03, 2007

My friend, Brenda

Before I started having children, I worked as a producer at a local television station. I was the special projects producer, which meant I handled certain segments... consumer segment, health segment, etc. I worked most often and closely with Brenda Ladun. During my last year there, Brenda was diagnosed with breast cancer. She made a courageous decision, in my opinion, to chronicle her journery from surgery, (which turned into a double mastectomy) through chemotherapy, and into a new lifestyle to stay healthy. We did a huge cancer special that was actually nominated for an Emmy. In it, we told stories and tried to educate the public on cancer. Not just breat cancer, but leukemia, Mesothelioma cancer tumors, and everything in between. Brenda is now battling cancer again. And she's doing it just as courageously as before! Please be in prayer for her as she faces her giant head on.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Get Paid Money to Blog