Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Sure Thing

I remember my first experience with a savings accounts when I was a teenager. All the money I received from well wishers when I graduated high school, I decided to deposit into an account. Now I don't remember how or for what, but that account quickly dwindled. But the concept of saving money for a rainy day or emergencies has stuck with me. So when Hank and I got married, it was a priority to me to have a savings account. We have one for our family and we have one for our boys. We started one for each of them after their first birthday. We plan to start one for Sophie when she turns one also. And what we try to do is every time we deposit money into one account, we match the others too. Now we don't always have extra to do that, but if we can at least keep it even over the years, by the time they each turn 16 they can buy a decent used car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Get Paid Money to Blog